Marathon Start Time:
Brief Marathon Description
The Mesa Marathon presented by Mountain Vista Medical Center has a beautiful race course that begins below the large white Phoenix sign painted on Usery Mountain. Marathon runners will experience nearly 1,000 feet of net elevation loss in this fast Boston Qualifier. The race has thousands of parking spots available around the finish at Riverview Park. Marathon runners will enjoy the diverse scenery from cactus desert to spectacular views of the Phoenix Valley from N. Usery Pass Rd.
Please Note: Registration for the Mesa Marathon (formerly known as the Mesa-Phoenix Marathon) is limited.
Marathon Course Map
TURNS MADE FROM START TO FINISH:
- Begin south on N. Usery Pass Rd.
- Right at McDowell Rd.
- Right at N. Ridgecrest
- Continue on N. Ridgecrest
- Veer Left onto E. Eagle Crest Dr. (N. Ridgecrest becomes E. Eagle Crest Dr.)
- Right at N. Power Rd.
- Left at E. Redmont Dr.
- Left at N. Recker Rd.
- Right at E. McDowell Road
- Left at N. Val Vista Dr.
- Right at E. Brown Rd.
- Left at N. Mesa Dr.
- Right at E. 1st St.
- Right at N. Robson
- Right at W. University
- Left at N. Center St.
- Left at W. Brown Rd.
- Veer Left onto N. Date (W. Brown Rd. becomes N. Date)
- Right at W. Rio Salado Pkwy
- Right at N. Riverview to finish
Age Divisions Include the Following
Additional Marathon Information
- Aid stations are available at miles: 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, and 26.2
- All participants receive a tech shirt - choose from a long sleeve, short sleeve, tank or tri blend t-shirt
- Earn the Bird - finisher medals will be given to those who complete the course in less than 6.5 hours
- Awards go to the top 3 in each age division in the marathon
- Top 3 men and women receive prize money
- The Mesa Marathon presented by Mountain Vista Medical Center (formerly known as the Mesa-Phoenix Marathon) is USATF sanctioned and certified.